Achievement & Awards
- The N.S.S wing of the college ensures active involvement of the students in their social responsibility. During the academic year 2018-2019 a 7-days special camp was organized by the N.S.S volunteers of Kalinagar Mahavidyalaya in Kalinagar village.
- The College library housed in a separate building is an asset and heart of the institution, since the last three decades with near about twelve thousand books in the Science and Arts sections.
- There is a girl’s hostel, within the college campus, constructed by the financial assistance received from BCW Department, Government of West Bengal for the female students belonging to the Scheduled Castes and Tribes. The girls students of our college avail it for themselves and receive financial assistance from the State Government for their sustenance in the form of stipends. A proposal for the sanction of Rs. 3,00,00,000.00 (Three Crores of rupees) for the construction of a Boy’s Hostel from B.C.W, Department has been received by the college and the college is dealing with the matter on an urgent basis as the present hostel 30 years old is in a ruinous state.
- Rs. 3,00,00,000.00 (Three crores rupees) for the construction of a new academic and administrative building from the Department of Tribal Affairs, Government of West Bengal has been received by the college and the college is dealing with the matter on an urgent basis.
- A proposal for the sanction of Rs 1,00,00,000.00 (One crore of rupees) for the urgent maintenance of the old building from Higher Education Department, Government of West Bengal has been received by the college and college dealing with the matter on an urgent basis.
- The Department of Geography of the college has a well equipped laboratory with computers with recent configuration and other necessary instruments to cater the requirements of students both of the Honours and General courses for their practical classes. Equally the Computer Science Laboratory of our college is well equipped with sophisticated computer system and internet facilities.
- A multi- gym received from the Dept. of Youth & Sports, Govt. of West Bengal.
- Introduction of Physical Education as a pass subject meant for both Honours and Pass students
- Some aspects of E-governance emphasized by NAAC has been introduced in our college such as : Bio-metric attendance, Online admission, Online recruitment of Non-teaching staff, Online package (finance for Cash & Accounts Sections ), Library automation, Use of computers in office and departments such as Geography, ICT – Computer Science, Education, Virtual Classroom teaching and the like.
- Total vigilance throughout the campus through central monitoring of close circuit T.V. and cameras.